Dallas-Ft. Worth Ranks #17
Yes, we’re Texas proud!
U.S. News and World Report recently released its list of the Best Places to Retire in 2020-21 and (no surprise to locals) it includes six Texas cities, with Dallas-Fort Worth taking the #17 spot nationally.
They also ranked Dallas/Fort Worth as the #2 in Best Places to Live in Texas and the #24 in Best Places to Live in the US. Now that’s something to crow about. 👏
This was a comprehensive evaluation of how well the 125 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. (where the majority of the population lives) meet Americans’ expectations in retirement.
Six factors were analyzed in creating the list:
- Happiness – how content residents are with important aspects of their daily lives
- Housing Affordability – the comparative cost of housing
- Tax Index – the expected tax friendliness for retirees
- Healthcare Quality – availability of top-quality health care
- Desirability – how interested people are in retiring to the area
- Job Market – ease of finding employment and earning potential
Here’s a snippet of what they said about DFW:
Offering both big-city excitement and quiet, suburban living, the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area offers an interesting mix of Texas pride and cosmopolitan offerings. The cowboy life still exists in Fort Worth, while Dallasites love the trendy local bars and numerous retail shops. And no matter which part of the metroplex they call home, sports fans rally together behind their professional sports teams.
Five other Texas cities ranked in the top 50 Best Places to Retire in the US:
- Houston #22
- San Antonio #24
- Austin #29
- El Paso #31
- Corpus Christi #48
If you’re thinking about DFW as your retirement destination we can help.
Let me know what you’re looking for
and I’ll connect you with the perfect agent for the job!
Norma Wall, Broker